Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Light up my life

The Dining room light was not a favorite when we moved in. I'll show you why.
Boring. We looked at a couple of light fixtures at Lowes and Home Depot and found one that we thought would work. Then while at Brads parents house one night we began talking about light fixtures and they told us they had one that we could take. They were in the midst of a remodel and so this is a theme you will see happen often in our decorating.... We took a look at the light. It was in good condition. Only one problem...


The color. I'm not a fan of gold. So after some design blog reading I decided that I could look past the color. That is what they make spray paint for. So I used some tin foil on the base.



Some plastic wrap on the individual light sockets. (you can see the first layer of color is on already in this photo)



I sprayed all the removable parts and washed all the glass. Washing the glass may have been the biggest change for the light. It had been sitting in a scrap pile during the remodel at his parents just waiting to be taken to either the dump or the DI.




Then the husband hung it up for me. It looks pretty dang good up there. If I had to change anything I'd add a few more links to the chain so it hangs lower... so there just may be a follow up post some day on that update.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Boy, have you been busy! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

It looks so good Amy!

Jo Mama said...

It might look way high to you. But I didn't think so when we were eating dinner on Mon. (Insert short comment here:) )