Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The birth of a blog

It seems like all of my friends have blogs. My friend Emily has had a blog since before I knew what a blog was. I resisted getting one because I read other peoples blogs and it seems like everyone has something to write about and I spend all my time reading other peoples blogs and so therefore I had nothing interesting to write about. But I've felt this coming for awhile now. I knew it was going to happen because I started expanding how many blogs I would read a day and I needed a place to keep all the links to everyone else's blogs. So then it just became a matter of finding something to write about. I told myself that if anything exciting happened to me that I would just get a blog and write about it. So today is the day.

I woke up this morning at 8. It felt good to sleep in. Sad, but true, 8 is definitely sleeping in for me now. I wanted to sleep longer because I had no plans until 4:30 this afternoon when I have work but I started thinking and so there was no hope of me falling asleep again. The reason that I began thinking so early in the morning is because I had a final that I completely forgot about. The final is online and I have until Friday to take it so there wasn't any real stress there. The only problem is that I never bought the book for this class. And because it is finals time everyone that I borrow books from is selling their books back. So I got out of bed this morning to begin my quest of finding someone from the class who hadn't sold their book back yet. I thought for sure it was going to be a stressful day and I'd end up taking the test without the book and failing. Wrong. The first great thing that happened today was that by 8:30 I had found someone who was willing to let me borrow their book to take the test. I was able to eat my cinnamon toast crunch and not feel stress over that anymore.

The next great thing that happened today happened in a place that most people despise. Walmart. Everyone hates walmart because of the crowds and the parking and the lack of service. I however, have found it easier to embrace walmart and just love it despite it's faults. In Logan there isn't much of a choice, especially if you are trying to save money as a college student. I believe that it is because I have decided to just accept walmart for what it is that I have been blessed. I can always find good parking spots at walmart. It's rare that I park past the 3rd row of cars. I had a roommate once who would always take me with her to when she had to buy groceries because she believed in my special parking abilities as well. So today when I went to buy our groceries at walmart I got a front row parking space. I had 3 very good spots to choose from in fact. I walked in and the fruit smiles were in the aisle just waiting to greet me. I did my shopping and when I was looking for the shortest line a friendly walmart associate walked out in the aisle and invited me to her lane which was empty. When she was done scanning my groceries it rang up to an even dollar amount. I know that even dollar amounts shouldn't make your day better, but honestly how often does that happen?!

So that was my lame day that was exciting enough for me to get a blog, I'm sure you are really looking forward to future posts now that you know how sad it is that even dollar amounts are big news in my life.

8 comments:

Shauntel said...

I am glad that you started a blog. I hope that you write on it a lot. Even if it is about even dollar amounts, I love that too. I like to make the gas pump be an even dollar amount, it really ticks me off when I am a penny over!

Ben and Camille said...

cute cute. way to join this world. it's fun:)

Stacey said...

Ami -

Cute blog! Love the walmart incident. :) Aren't you glad classes are over? Ready for student teaching??

Check out my blog~ www.jasonandstacey.blogspot.com

Mike and Barbara said...

You are so funny! I am glad you have a blog! Now I will have something else to keep me entertained at work.

Emily said...

Next time I go to Wal-Mart I am taking you!! Im glad you have embraced the blog idea, i dont write about anything exciting either but I post it up anyway and people seem to like it. Anyway, welcome aboard!

Janell R. Cropper said...

Yeah, I'm definitely taking you with me as well the next time I go to Wal-Mart. It seems if I do get lucky enough to get my own check out line, they want to just pay attention to droolian, and forget about me. :) I need your smiley face to help me out! P.S. Welcome to the Blog world. Yet another reason we are going to be friends forever!

@emllewellyn said...

Me, Emily? Or someone else, Emily? I'm glad your Gift of Parking continues to bless you-- mine does too. I hope you are blessed with the gift of blog, because I love it. And I love you. The end.

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Welcome to bloggin!!! Mwahaha :) Love you!