Tuesday, August 4, 2009

sewing

At the end of last summer I decided I wanted to get a sewing machine. I haven't sewed since my class in middle school, but I thought it would be a good investment. We didn't get it until summer was ending and with student teaching I didn't have time to make anything. Since subbing required much less preparation and since my cousin Megan was about to have a baby I decided making a baby dress would be a good idea. Plus if I screwed up I could just buy her a different present. In the end it turned out well. I'll be honest though, I had to go to my mom for help with the hard parts (read: zipper) so I can't take all the credit. I'm pretty sure while I wasn't there she unpicked the whole thing and resewed it but she claims she didn't so here is the end result.

And now for the best part. The baby! She is so cute. The dress is still a little big and is apparently delicious.... Her mom should send me another picture where you can see her face and the cute details on the dress... hint hint megan...
So I am now working on a skirt for myself. (With a different pattern, because no the baby skirt doesn't fit me) We'll see if that turns out or if I have to take it to the pro for fixing...

7 comments:

ATP said...

Cute!

Ben and Camille said...

that's so cute! good job! i want one!!!!

Kirsten Krason said...

Nice work!!! I too need to work on my sewing skills.

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

cute! I like!
be sure to post pics of the skirt

Unknown said...

wow amy! you are so domestic! really, it is so cute!

lauren said...

You could probably make a dress for my baby anytime if you'd like! :) I've been thinking about making one so, I might have to borrow your pattern and maybe some of your expertise! That dress is adorable! And I love the colors you picked!!!

Myleka and Chris said...

Wow i love it, it's so cute!