Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Graduation Photos


















I graduated back on the 13th of this month but since I forgot my camera I didn't have my pictures right away. So after a long wait here are some photos from the great event. Brads grandmother took photos in the spectrum and maybe someday I'll get those from her. It was a great day and yes, I did wear my pink shoes from my wedding even though it was snowing very heavily that morning. I have just one quick little story from graduation that needs to be shared because it was one of the worst/best moments of my day.

I actually had a graduation day miracle happen. As I've said, it snowed several inches that day and I was more concerned with looking good than being practical. I didn't have any pockets in my pants and the pockets in my coat lead straight into the lining. Brad held my phone for me during the ceremony and right before he handed it to me he decided to turn on the volume on the ringer. He doesn't usually have the sound on his own phone but he turned mine on. As I was walking to the car I kept thinking I should hand my phone to Brad so I can focus on not falling down while walking in these ridiculous shoes. But I didn't listen to the prompting like Brad did. I realized my phone was gone once we got to the restaurant for lunch. I had to get something out of the trunk so I was really hoping it was in the trunk. It wasn't. After lunch we went back to the parking lot and retraced my steps. Luckily they had not come in to plow the lot yet, but there had been a lot of traffic so we weren't sure it would be safe even if we did find it. Brad called it once we were to the area he had been parked in. Amazingly enough it began ringing from under a pile of snow. I'm so glad he decided to turn the ringer on because we wouldn't have seen it otherwise. It has a little scratch on one corner, but otherwise survived it's fall and the subsequent hour or so in the snow. I'm so glad because even though it is just a thing, and it can be replaced, I felt very lost without it.

3 comments:

Chris and Shelly said...

Congratulations! That really is a great event. Good job! Now you can have children and know that if something crazy happened you could help out!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you are done with school! so impressive! how was the dinner the other night??

Rene' said...

Yay for you! Always go with the shoes that look great! You gotta love the pink!