Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's 22nd anniversary of her 30th Birthday. (I wrote a post about how great she is back on mothers day. You can read it here.) Now some of you may ask, "If you are going to celebrate the anniversary of a birthday why pick 30?" You may think, "30 is close to 29, why not just go one year lower and be in your 20's again?!" There are a number of reasons for why she does this. The first reason is because she tells people if you are going to stay one age forever make it believable. She figures everyone says they are 29 so who is going to question the fact that she says she is 30. But as I got to thinking I figured out the real reason she says this. You see the year she turned 30 must have been a great year for her. I can think of the obvious reason why that would have been her favorite birthday.

She had just given birth to an angel child and her life was complete. I made her 30th birthday so happy and memorable that she decided to celebrate that year over and over again.

Sorry little sister, she didn't pick 34 so we know who her favorite child is.

2 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

Amy, I'm so thankful that I can always count on your to bring a great big smile to my face! :) Happy Birthday to your mom, even though I've never met her! She raised you, and i think you're great, so she must be great too!

Jo Mama said...

She picked 30 because it was easier to do the math. I know this for a fact. :)