Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lunch Group

This last semester (Spring of '08) I had a couple of shifts with my friend Celeste. Celeste had formed a lunch group with another co-worker, Barb, and a friend from high school, Traci. Barb happened to graduate in December and leave Celeste's lunch group down to 2. During a shift together one morning Celeste asked me to help her with a campaign to replace Barb. (She couldn't handle the idea of eating lunch alone with Traci..... who can blame her?) After several ideas including advertising on the board in the student center we decided I should just join her lunch group. I had several things in common with Barb, I am smart, funny, and extremely good looking, I also am not a fan of Pita Pit, just like Barb, and so it was decided that I was just as good as Barb if not better. To honor Barb I was given the new name of Bamy. So we tried all semester to find a time to go out lunch and it only happened a few times but those times were filled with some of the greatest conversations and bonding experiences that have ever been had by a lunch group. Unfortunately I will be moving soon and it looks as though Celeste will be moving back to Logan and so Celeste and Traci will need a new lunch group buddy. So if you know anyone who will be living in Logan, who needs friends, who is good at having conversation with the mentally unstable, who doesn't enjoy the pita pit and has a name that would would sound good with the prefix BA added to it then let me know and I will put them in contact with Celeste and Traci.

Oh and funny story... when I gave my camera to the Costa Vida employee to take this picture she very nearly took a picture of her own eyeball. I guess she hadn't had much experience with digital cameras..... or any camera.

3 comments:

Traci said...

great post. We thought about calling you Barmy too...

Emily said...

Oooh Oohh!!! Pick me, pick me!

Im serious, just for the record.

And tell Celeste we need to talk about joining 'Herd' again...

Free lunch once a week at the Marketplace, you just cant beat that.

Mike and Barbara said...

I can't believe I was replaced. I knew there was talk of it but I didn't think it actually happened. Well it seems like you were a good replacement for me. I think we should start our own lunch club in Salt Lake. But it might have to be the dinner club because full time jobs don't give you much of a lunch! :) Love you AMY!