Friday, November 28, 2008

Flashback Friday: My day after Thanksgiving tradition

For Thanksgiving Brad and I went to his sisters house in Price. It was a wonderful day and the food was great. It was weird not being surrounded by hundreds of people eating in a church gym (I have a large extended family.....) but it was nice to just sit back and watch a Dirty Jobs marathon with Brad and his dad while other people worked all day on food :)

Since I spent Thanksgiving day with Brads family and since Brad had to work today I stayed the night last night at my mom's house and we decided to start a new tradition of our own. Last year the day after Thanksgiving was the day that I went through the Logan temple in preparation to be married. So today my mom and I went to the Provo temple to celebrate that anniversary. We've decided that we will try to go every year after Thanksgiving to celebrate the spiritual things that we are grateful for. It's just may be one of my favorite holiday traditions.

3 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

What a great idea!!!

Tab & Nate said...

Weird...I was at stephanie house in Price. What are the chances!

Rachel said...

What a good idea! Oh and your self check out blog was sooo true! Glad to see all is well with you guys!