Tuesday, November 4, 2008

my flaw (one of them)

I get so frustrated by the simplest things. And it turns out I hold grudges sometimes. I don't like that I do it. I know that good people are patient and forgiving but I guess I'm not a good person. Sometimes getting my frustrations out makes me feel better about myself..... so if you don't mind, I'm going to tell you the completely insignificant things that have bothered me lately. If you agree with me that these things are annoying let me know and I"ll feel better, if you think I'm ridiculous, don't let me know because then I'll just be bugged again...........

Stupid thing #1: (Brad would kill me if he knew I was still thinking about this.......)
So a couple weekends ago we went to Vegas to go to my cousins wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and the reception was very well decorated. It almost made me want to do it all over again so I could use the same decorations. So we went to the Temple ceremony and were able to congratulate them after it was over. Then we went to a church where they did a ring ceremony for those family members who weren't able to be at the temple. Afterwords they let everyone who was there for that get in line to congratulate them. I happened to be second to last in that line. I was standing in front of the first groomsman in line when the photographer came to the people in front of me and told them when they had finished that there was going to be pictures. She then told me and my uncles family that we would have to get out of line so they could take family pictures. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? There were 2 more people and she's going to kick us out of line? I shouldn't care. I got to give them hugs after the actual wedding. But I had just stood in line to congratulate them and she is going to tell me I can't? Even after we got out of line she didn't start taking pictures for awhile. So if you read this new cousin-in-law, congratulations and I'll give you a hug the next time I see you, and I hated your photographer. Thank you Ashley for working with me so well for my wedding photos.

Stupid thing #2:
I received a scholarship back in April from the University. It was a really rushed process to get the scholarship and I ended up writing multiple letters in one week and talking to the vice provost several times about all of the requirements for the thank you letter that is sent to the donor of the scholarship money. We were supposed to send a picture but when I emailed to find out the specifications on the photo I was told that someone had already taken care of my picture for me. She gave me the name of the person and I just figured it was someone from the college since they had a photo of me from a scholarship I'd received a couple years before. Well today I got an email from the same woman who told me my photo was taken care of asking me if I ever sent in a photo. If she seriously has been sitting around waiting for me to do something she told me not to do........She told me I can come to her office and she'll take one. I wrote back a really informal response basically saying that she told me I didn't need one and I don't live in Logan but I told her that I can email a photo if she will tell me what size and format she wants. I also said that if that wouldn't work that I have a sister who lives in Logan and people say we look alike so if needed I would send her to have her picture taken.

Stupid thing #3:
I was just told that I have to buy my own honors cords for graduation? Is that true? LAME.
(clarification: It's not just that I have to pay for them but I have to find them on my own and buy them through a whole different site because the book store doesn't sell them)

Ok, I feel better. Thank you.

9 comments:

Cassandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassandra said...

They should do you the honor of buying the cords for you since you were such a great student. Lame. I like your blog by the way!

Kirsten Krason said...

I would be mad about all those things as well. You'd think the school would give everyone honors just to get more money. That wedding thing is nuts. I would be mad too.

Paskettfam said...

Amy! You are so dang funny. I thought for sure your annoyances were going to be election-related, but you surprised me! We miss you guys--so good thing you are coming up here on Friday, eh?
Trudy

Anonymous said...

get over it!!! you're way too amazing to worry about the little people! love you!

Jo Mama said...

You are right. Those things are all annoying, but you can't change any of them and you just have to decide how you are going to cope. Or ignore. Smile and remember that no one's perfect and they are just doing the best they can. Unfortunately sometimes their best is not so good, but remember they probably aren't picking on you. Breathe deep. Be happy. It's a choice.

Adam Phelps said...

Hey all I got to say is the list never ends... If it ain't one thing it's the other...

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Haha, i love this post! Yes, that wasn't cool of Kim. No bueno. I don't think Keri will be mad, so no worries. :) And, you are welcome for the best wedding photographer you've ever had. I am your biggest fan. :) (name that movie?!) loves...

Cassandra said...

I tagged you in my blog!