Friday, June 13, 2008

Birthday Blog

So yesterday I turned the big 2-2. It was a wonderful relaxing day. I woke up early and went to work. I figured I might as well get paid since I wouldn't have been doing anything super exciting before 10:30 am anyways. Brad woke up and drove me to work. USU has horrible parking and so when I work early I have to park at a church that is close to campus and then walk to the labs which takes almost 10 minutes. So Brad sacrificed a little sleep and drove me up saving me the walk. He then went home and slept until I was done with work and called him to come get me. After work we relaxed and watched some tv and I took a nap. Grandma Ginny stopped by and gave me a present. Moms present had come in the mail the day before but I was good and didn't open it until it was actually my birthday. I had asked for an apron so I knew that's what her present was. It's a really cute black and white print with black bows on the pockets. I'm excited to wear it. While I was taking my nap I heard a knock on the front door. Brad was sitting in the other room and could see out the open window as someone would have been walking down the stairs so he said "it's for you. I think it's Stephanie." So I got up and I answered the door. It wasn't Stephanie at all. It was a male delivering gerber daisies, my favorite flowers. I laughed because I thought Brad had lied because he knew that the flowers were coming. But when I turned and looked at him to tell him he was funny he had the most confused look on his face. I signed for the flowers and then opened the card. They were from my cousin Ashley. I got on facebook to write her a message and her status on there said "happy birthday Amy!" I was laughing so hard. After our relaxing afternoon Brad and I went to the mall where I picked out my present. I got a really cute shirt. We then went grocery shopping because we have both been pretty busy and we were running out of food. I don't mind shopping at all if someone comes with me, so I didn't care that I had to do the grocery shopping on my birthday. I picked out a movie and we bought it so we could watch it later. Then we went out to firehouse pizza for dinner. They give you a free pazzookie when it's your birthday. (Pazzookies are warm cookies made in a skillet with ice cream on top.) It was a nice little date and the pazzookie was amazing. I think I could live on those if it wouldn't kill me. We then went home and watched our movie and Brad rubbed my back. I always ask him to rub my back but he hates to and doesn't always do it so I figured I had better get one in on my birthday. So all in all it was just a laid back relaxing day which is just what I wanted, and what I needed after chasing children around all week at summer camp.

sidenote: Don't tell me that it sucks that I had to pick out my own present. Birthdays have never been a big deal in my family and Brad wanted to make sure I liked whatever he got so he just had me help him choose. :)

1 comment:

SaRah G. said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!!!!
I didn't know you guys were moving down in August! We will definately have to be friends! =)