Monday, June 9, 2008

Volunteering and movies

So today we started a new schedule at work. This month I have opening shifts EVERY DAY. That means that every day I either work at 7 am or at 8am and I am always done by 11. I wasn't really sure what I would do with myself with all that time during the day if I didn't work. I decided I should volunteer somewhere to give my resume a little something. I thought I could help out at a school but it's summer so that wasn't going to work. I thought that maybe I could help out at the hospital but I thought that might make my terminal hypochondria flare up so maybe that wasn't a good idea. So I talked to my uncle who works at the local gym and asked if he thought their kids summer camps would need help. So today was my first day of working early and then spending my afternoon herding children ages 6 to 12 around while they learned useful things such as how to make rice crispy treats, and making sure they don't drown while they swim. It really was such a blast. I'm for sure going to wear sandals from now on though cause sitting by the pool in tennis shoes and jeans wasn't much fun. I think I will really enjoy it but I feel a little badly that some days Brad doesn't work all day. It might end up that I will just volunteer on the days that he works but we'll see.

Lately we have been wanting to watch movies but none of our movies sound fun anymore. We've seen them all already so we're always trying to think of other movies we want to watch. I've been talking about Phantom of the Opera a bunch lately and Brad always reminds me that he's never seen it. I also have brought up "The Importance of being Earnest" a couple times. We went to Hollywood and rented both movies and Brad agreed to watch them with me. I was kind of nervous cause I really like both movies a lot and I didn't want him to hate them. Turns out he really enjoyed them both and he even admitted to having Phantom songs stuck in his head at work the next day. I am so blessed to have a husband who not only tolerates the things I like but he actually enjoys them!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I finally can leave comments on your blogs, hoorah! I just watched the Phantom. I love that movie sooo much. I cant help myself but I have a major crush on the phantom. I want him to be the victor, but no matter how many times I watch he never wins. Good for you on the volunteering, you are awesome.

SaRah G. said...

AMY! I didn't know I was younger either!!!! That does mean that we will have to be better friends!!! =) How much older are you?? I'm the baby of everything I've decided! The last to do everything! =) I'm glad we can be bloggind budies! =)

Traci said...

I own both of those movies btw. I made Brody watch Phantom a couple weeks ago...I secretly think he liked it.

James said...

Ann had me watch the importance of being ernest and I too found that I was initially put off to it (being a guy and it looked like Pride and Prejudice) but it was pretty good.