Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Vacation!

I love not going to school in the summer. I think that may be a part of why I'm going to be a teacher.... I know it doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't I just not be a teacher at all then I would never have to be in school, but then I'd have a job that would make me work during the summer. I just love that there is something that sets summer apart. Since my father is a teacher my whole life there has been a different feeling during the summer. I've never understood people who do summer school. It's summer, that is not time for school it's time for getting so bored you actually want to go back to school! Growing up we would always go on at least one big trip each summer. This summer will be no different. We're leaving tonight and driving to Salt Lake and tomorrow afternoon we will be flying to Florida. I'm really excited! I haven't been back to Florida since we moved from there back in 1993. We are going to Orlando but honestly I have no idea what we're doing other than that. We aren't in charge of any of it so we're just going along for the ride. I'll take my camera and hopefully I remember to use it. I hope that when I'm all grown up we can still take the time to go somewhere neat each summer!

side note: as I'm sitting here working I can see kids gather for EFY outside (Especially for Youth). I was an EFY counselor last summer and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever done. It's making me nostalgic. Then I took a closer look and I can see one of my kids from my own group last summer sitting on the grass...... I love seeing kids continue to make good choices and continue to participate in things that are strengthening their testimonies!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Well, Amy, as one of those poor saps who have to take a summer class, I totally symphathize. Besides, when do summer class takers have time to earn money to pay for all their classes? This is a big dilemma in my mind. I have a student teaching placement at Murray High! I talked to the teacher from there at the conference, and he says he remembers hearing about my case. They've assigned me to a second year teacher, which is totally unethical. Oh well, at least I'll graduate, right? Have fun on your trip!

Janell R. Cropper said...

Amy! I totally agree with you on the dad was a teacher thing, so summer should be a time for play! It's weird having the husband having a full time boring job during the summer time! I can't believe you're in Florida, when I am coming to Logan to visit. But oh well, know that I love ya!