Thursday, January 15, 2009

Kids do the darndest things

I am officially back at work. For those of you who know, I'm being a long term sub for a lady in my ward while she stays at home taking care of her brand new baby. She had him last night. One week over due. She kept working until last Friday (2 days past due) but I took over her classes this Monday. She has her classes so well planned and prepared that I hardly have to do anything. It is so much more relaxed than student teaching. PLUS I get paid! It's nice to feel like I am contributing to our family again.

In honor of being back in the school here is a couple of fun things that have happened the past couple of days:

  • On the way to the library for a group lesson the very last student thought he was all alone in the hall. Just as I rounded the corner I caught him looking at his reflection in the glass of a trophy case, brushing his hair to side, and giving himself an approving thumbs up.
  • Today as I was entering scores for the journal entries the students do to start class I was reading through a few of the entries. The classes are starting a unit on marriage and so the topic for the entry today asked about qualities they desired in a mate. One of the girls had written one thing down. "Robert Pattinson". I hope she is willing to compromise a little on that one.

3 comments:

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Oh man, this totally had me giggling! :) I don't remember what age group you're with this time. These would be "cute" reactions if they were for, say... elementary students; however, I think these are junior high students, right? Which makes it hilarious to me. We should all give ourselves thumbs up more often!! :)

Amy said...

High school juniors and seniors actually...

Anonymous said...

I think checking yourself in anything reflective while no one is looking is awesome at any age. Oh, and wishing for Robert Pattinson.. that's awesome.