Friday, September 5, 2008

Flashback Friday: Crazy Hair day

So many people have been asking how my student teaching is going. Really I don't start taking over the classroom for a little while so I've been just observing and helping the teachers with things here and there. I've already had some funny students that have made me excited to take over. I had one child tell me I looked too young to get married, and while some of you may agree with that statement she then guessed that I could probably be like 28...... So I'm not sure what age is old enough to get married. They tell us that most 7th graders think that 18 is WAY old so somehow this girl didn't get that memo. I've also had a kid that tricked me into answering a question on his worksheet, just like the time in 3rd grade when we got Mrs. Dayton to spell one of the spelling words just by asking her "and how do you spell that?" during a test. But anyways, that isn't my flashback story, mostly cause I don't have a picture to go with it and I like pictures.

Next week is a spirit week at the Jr high. Many of you know that in high school I was pretty involved and had lots of school spirit. So much in fact that I was voted "Most likely to paint her house orange and blue" in our senior yearbook. (Not because I am a Broncos fan but because those were our high schools colors.) As student teachers we are encouraged, but not required, to get involved at the school. I'm going to participate in the dress-up days but try not to look way better than all the middle schoolers. One of the days that we never really planned while I was in student government was Crazy Hair Day. I don't remember why we never had those, probably something to do with dress codes and such. But this Wednesday I will be trying to come up with a crazy hair-do that will get me a piece of candy at lunch. In honor of this upcoming event I am including a picture of my crazy hair. This photo was not taken on a dress up day..... This is really what my hair looked like until I was 12 years old. No, it didn't look this nasty all the time, but it really went to the back of my knees. This picture was taken right after a trip to the swimming pool so my hair was full of chlorine making it look a little shorter and all kinds of clumpy. So in honor of crazy hair day, I will allow you all to see this deep dark secret from my past.


Crazy I know!

6 comments:

Celeste Louise said...

HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP! There are two reasons for my two previous statements. The first is because your hair was sooooo long. The second is because that picture makes you look so tall! And at such a young age! Good work!

Jackie said...

Holy Moly girl, that is a head of hair, but not crazy enought for middle school. Try coloring it blue of something :)

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Oh man! I love this picture! I totally remember those days. So great. I also love that I'm still in the "too young to get married group" since I'm only 26 and single. :) Tell your student she's great!

Kirsten Krason said...

WOW. That is nuts. Is that hair for real?

Unknown said...

I remember when your hair was like this---I used to be so jealous.

Anonymous said...

holy hannah montana! i almost forgot about your hair!!! but how could i? i must be losing! you should grow it out again lol jk, please dont. love ya!