Saturday, September 13, 2008

Relief Society Retreat

I know that everyone was so sad to not get a Flashback Friday this week so I thought I would explain my absence from writing. My excuse for every day this semester will be the same. I should be working on lesson plans. And this week I've been pretty busy but I'm not entirely sure what I've been doing. I started my seminar class that is on the east side of the valley so that eats up my Thursdays, I'm gone from 7 in the morning till 7 at night on those days. And this week my excuse for Friday was that I got home and packed my suitcase and headed up the canyon to my wards relief society retreat. I had a blast. I've only been in this ward for the last 3 weeks and so I don't know hardly anyone but the ladies were so nice and they accepted me really fast. I am the youngest sister in the ward and except for the few older unmarried sisters I'm the only one who has no kids. There were times when the conversation turned to pediatricians and O.B.'s and I would zone out but most of the time the ladies had hilarious stories to share and I really felt accepted. We went to Heber Valley girls camp. It is a beautiful facility. I was expecting more of a lodge the way people were explaining the site and so I just brought my sleeping bag and sweatshirt. I was wearing capris and my crocs (yes I wear crocs and no I don't garden in them and no I'm not ashamed because I love them and they are comfortable). This wasn't the best attire but it was 80 degrees when I was packing and I wasn't thinking about how cold it would be. Luckily the party moved into the cabin right after dinner and so I didn't freeze and I'm still young enough that the night on a sheet of wood didn't kill me. Next time I will be more prepared and I'm definitely bringing an air mattress.

1 comment:

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh Cute. Relief society is a little weird sometimes. I have zoned out on many conversations about children, schools, doctors, being prego ect. But I love how I can still be included anyway!