Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Parent/Teacher conferences

I just finished my first day of Parent/Teacher conferences from the other side of the table. It's so interesting to me to see the parents who are upset about an A- and then have the next parent be ecstatic about a B. The kids are all so different and of course the same goes for parents. Even though I didn't get home till almost 8 tonight, I still loved it. I loved that the kids were so excited to introduce me to their parents, and I loved that the parents seemed comfortable with me even though I have the dreaded title of........... STUDENT TEACHER! The title really does frighten some, and brings up painful memories for many others, but I hope that I will be able to reverse that stereotype and I will be able to reach these kids!

Did I mention that I'm loving it?

I honestly thought the middle schoolers would eat me alive. I was so worried. But tonight I feel like I would take a job in a middle school in a heart-beat. So if you have a job in a middle school to offer me........

3 comments:

Emily said...

Funny that you had parent teacher conference!! We just talked about how to prep for them and all sorts of fun stuff for them on Tuesday in my Methods class!

I am so glad it went well. Of course the middle schoolers love you!

Jo Mama said...

Way to go. And why wouldn't they love you. Everyone does. Well except for some middle school girls. But we all know that pretty much everyone is mentally ill in middle school. And now you know how to work with that. After all you are a professional. :) If I had a job I would give it to you. MOM

Rachel said...

Hey there! you are a great person who knows how to have a great time! hey where are the Alaska pics? talk with you soon!