Monday, October 27, 2008

random collection of thoughts

I have a lot on my mind right now. I really should be entering scores but I am feeling sort of A.D.D. right now so I'd rather post about all the things on my mind.

First off...... I totally won the drawing on that meal blog. I get a quick stir pitcher from pampered chef! I'm really excited because I really have been wanting one for awhile now.

Next, I've officially received word that one of my students has found my blog. She's a T.A. in one of my 7th grade classes....... I should have never taught her about google images. She googled my name and found the blog. I really don't care though. I wonder if any of my other students read this........... I can't ask otherwise they'd all look for it. Meh.

Third, I'm kind of bugged today because one of my teachers told me that I needed to stick to my friends at home and not care if the kids are my friends. She said "I know it's important to you that the kids are your friends......." I'M NOT FRIENDS WITH MY STUDENTS. She has not been in my classes while I teach, except for today while we played a game of jeopardy. I am a friendly person but that does not mean that I seek friendship from my friends. I am feeling more and more like the teachers I work with think less of me and I can't figure out what I've done to change that. If you didn't read my post titled "My Michael Scott Moment" you should. Notice in that post that I never once said I wanted to be friends with my students. I just don't see why they can't like my class and me and still respect me. I don't want to hang out with my students after class and I honestly don't care what they tell their friends about the class, but why can't they be happy to come to my class?

Fourth, our housing situation is currently on hold. I saw a bunch of family and friends at a wedding this last weekend and everyone was so excited for me so I thought I'd let people know that we may still be moving but it is currently on hold while our grandfather takes care of some medical issues. He is in our prayers and while we are looking forward to moving and being able to save money on housing, we are more concerned for our grandparents well-being so we hope that things are taken care of and all cleared up.

Also, I am sick of coughing. I don't really like sleeping with the humidifier on and I hate how fuzzy my teeth get when I suck on cough drops all day.

2 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

You can totally be friends with your students. When I was in Young Womens all the girls were my best friends and we'd hang out. There is nothing wrong with being a good example and a good friend. I bet you are such a good teacher.

Emily said...

That has to be tough! I am sorry that your teachers said that to you. It is a tough thing to balance, and I wonder how I will do at it next semester. I am sure you are doing a great job.