Friday, May 23, 2008

The best friends wedding

So Thursday was Ryan and Melanie's wedding. Ryan and Brad have been best friends since high school and he and Mel started dating shortly after Brad and I so it's been really fun to be a part of their relationship. I actually owe a lot to Ryan, he really changed my life forever. Lots of people like to take credit for getting Brad and I together but it really all started with Ryan. If it weren't for his outgoing personality I wouldn't have decided to get to know his roommate Brad. (For those of you who don't know the story..... I sat by Brad on a road trip to Chicago so I could get the dish on Ryan... Don't worry he knows and he won anyways so he's fine with it)

I was really excited to go to their wedding for a number of reasons but one of the biggest reasons was that it was going to be in the Salt Lake Temple and I haven't been inside of that temple yet so I was excited to go. I made sure to pack my camera so that I could take lots of pictures afterwards to show them before they get their official pictures back and of course so I could have pictures to update my blog so that I could prove I did something over the summer. So I had my camera, the one thing I didn't remember to pack however......... was my temple recommend. I realized it just as we were driving into the Salt Lake Valley. So Brad went to the ceremony without me and I watched Rachel Ray and read my book. (We found out later that the new barcode system makes it so they can look up your recommend....... fyi) In between the wedding and reception I went and met with the teachers that I will be working with for my student teaching. It will be nice to know who I'm talking to when I'm emailing them. We then went with Brads parents to the reception. Mel's colors were pink and yellow and her bridesmaids looked like they could have easily been in my wedding. Their dresses were really cute. The couple looked great (they did harass me a little for not being at the ceremony but I"m sure they wouldn't have noticed if we hadn't told them) I of course forgot to take my camera to the reception so I don't have any pictures to put up of that either. Oh well here's to the happy couple!
PS if you are bored here's something that Brad and I really enjoy watching. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmLHOGT0v4c.

No comments: