Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hooray for Holsteins!

Since this weekend is the internationally renowned holiday of black and white days I just thought I'd take a minute to say how much I love cows. Cows make milk. I love milk. Cheese is made from milk. I love cheese. Ice cream is another food that is made possible by these wonderful animals. When I was younger I even owned a pair of pants which honored the lovely black and white pattern of the beloved creatures which give us these delicious treats. Because of this wonderful holiday which brings a small community in northern Utah together I have enjoyed a large pancake breakfast every year of my life this time in May. So in keeping with tradition I am off to watch my father run in the Cowabunga race and then I will eat me some good pancakes and I will have a large glass of chocolate milk to go with them all because of my friends the cows.

3 comments:

ATP said...

I hope you had fun!

Kirsten Krason said...

I hate milk but I love Ice Cream

Brionne said...

I still say Hooray for Jerseys! I am a little biased, though. ;)

This is a little thingy about my grandpa and the Jersey farm:
http://jerseyjournal.usjersey.com/Article%20Archive/Awards/2006/Master%20Breeder.pdf