Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Y is for Amy

I have a cousin named Allana. She is a baby Einstein. I swear her parents must read to her from a Latin dictionary because she knows so much. I just got an email from Allana's mom over the weekend. She said that Allana has been walking around saying "I like Amy, I like Brad" all week. (I bet she would say she misses me unlike someone elses children........) She is only 2 but when she is driving to my parents house she knows where she is and will say "We're going to Amy's house?" She has the cutest little munchkin voice and I just want to eat her sometimes. My aunt and uncle know a little sign language and so they have been teaching Allana signs for awhile now. She can spell her name and over mothers day weekend I was teaching her to spell my name. She also recognizes letters when she sees them. When she sees an A she will point to it and say "A for Allana!" I was teasing her and I told her that A was for Amy not Allana and she was having none of that. In the email that my aunt sent me she told me that Allana has decided to give me the letter Y. I feel very privileged. Her last name starts with a Y and so it's not like she couldn't think of anything better to give that letter. Anyways it made me feel good to know that she loved me enough to give me a letter. It's so fun to have little kids that talk about you when you aren't around!
Allana and me on my wedding day

No comments: