Monday, May 12, 2008

Week recap.

Shauntel accuses me of not talking about what I do in my blog so here is a blog all about my boring life.

So I didn't blog for a whole week mostly because I spent the majority of it just sitting on my butt doing nothing. It was nice to not have work for a week but since Brad did have work it made it kind of boring. Neither of us worked on Thursday or Friday so we decided to take an extended weekend and spend time at our parents homes.

Thursday we went and had lunch in Salt Lake with Brads mom and his sister. I sure do love his family. We went to Red Robin. I don't think I've ever officially eaten there. I honestly had a hard time getting my mouth around my burger it was so big. After that we went to my parents house in Provo. We finally got my babysitting money out of a savings account and into a CD so that we can make money off of the money that has just been sitting around for years doing nothing. We then went to my sister Erin's final choir concert. I feel like it's the end of an era. I honestly don't know what my parents are going to do now that they don't have any children in the choir to go listen to. They have had at least one kid in choir since my brother was a freshman in high school back in 1998. The choir teacher Mr. Larsen is a really great guy who has this ability to make you feel like he cares about you more than the other 200 kids he has in classes at that moment. Not to mention the thousands of kids he's taught in years past..... He really is like a second father to a lot of kids. It is hard for some people to understand but he really is. He was really excited when I told him I was getting married but he found out later that he wouldn't be able to make it to the reception. He called my mom without me knowing and arranged to be at the temple ceremony. I didn't see him sitting in the corner of the room till it was all over. He stood up and walked over to us and gave me a hug and I started bawling. I hadn't really cried during the whole day till I saw him. I almost cried again during the concert because I was sad I wouldn't have any excuses to stop in and see him anymore. Oh well who needs excuses I'll just go see him anyways. I added a picture of Brad and I with Mr. Larsen outside the temple just after our wedding.
Friday we finally got to the social security office to change my name legally. Yeah, it only took us 5 months. I still have to change my drivers license but I can do that in Logan. I actually couldn't have changed it any earlier because I needed to keep my name the same for the praxis exam that I took 2 weeks ago. Then we went back up to South Jordan to spend some time with Brads family. Saturday morning Brad had to work so I just played around with his family. His parents are great with a dutch oven so his dad made some good sausage/egg breakfast in the dutch oven. Saturday night we headed back to Provo and watched Juno with my parents. They laughed but I'm not sure how they really felt overall. Sunday we went to both a baby blessing and a farewell. Then we had a big lunch at my Aunt and Uncles house to celebrate the baby blessing. After that we went back to Brads and had a big Mothers day dinner. Then it was back to Logan just in time to listen to the twilight zone on the radio. Overall it was a great weekend. Since this is a long post I think I'll start a new one about my mom since it was mothers day.... Multiple posts in one day make up for a lack of posts for a week right?

No comments: