Saturday, August 9, 2008

All moved in!

What a day! We've spent the last 2 days packing everything we could. There were times that I felt like we had EVERYTHING packed that we could pack, but of course when we started loading the truck there were all these random things that didn't get into boxes. Friday we were packing and discussing the fact that we would be paying more than expected for the 2 bedroom when my phone rang. It was the apartment complex. Their phones DO call out! That was the first call that we actually received from them, every other time we've had to call in. The lady in the office said they ran our numbers again, not sure why since they had already told us where we would be living.... but she said they ran the numbers again and we ARE poor enough to qualify for the one bedroom apartment. So we get to pay a lower rent and we can save some money. We were SO happy! My parents came up to help us pack but instead we just went out to dinner. After dinner my old roommate Staci came up to Logan and she came to our apartment and we watched a movie together. I hadn't really seen her since my reception so it was nice to have her visit. She was the first, last, and only person to stay with us in our apartment in Logan. People just never want to stay with newly-weds I guess. Saturday morning we got up early and my parents came and we began packing things up. We filled up my parents van and then we began taking stuff out to the curb so it could just be loaded in the truck. So many people drove past and started to stop because they wanted to buy our stuff. It was because of our nice couches I'm sure. But we managed to keep the people away and we eventually got everything on the truck and the apartment all cleaned up. I'll miss Logan for sure but it's so fun being here now.

After an hour of signing papers saying that we wont smoke on the property we finally got our keys. We were getting antsy worrying about our movers being out in the heat. Brads uncle and cousins had come to help move and so the adults were trying to keep the kids entertained so they told them to go up to the apartment and knock and tell the people we were ready to move in. They did and no one was surprised when they came back and said nobody answered. They were surprised however when the kids were playing up by the apartment and came back a few minutes later to tell the adults that the new apartment smelled like paint. It was sitting unlocked and they had just been waiting around meanwhile the kids had just been playing inside the empty apartment. So by the time we were done signing papers all our stuff was moved in. We've unpacked a lot but we still have a bunch to go. As soon as we're done I'll take pictures to post on here so everyone can see our great new apartment.

Thanks to everyone that helped and to everyone who asked if they could help even though we didn't use them! We have great friends and we look forward to making more great friends!

4 comments:

ATP said...

Hooray for things working out!

Chris and Shelly said...

Hey Amy,
I didn't know you had a blog. i found it off of Ashley's. I'm glad you guys have an affordable place to live! I hope all goes well!
Shelly Stolworthy

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Hooray!!! I'm excited for you! Where's your place? I want to come see!

Jennifer Cornett said...

Amy! living in West Jordan? I'm out there ALL THE TIME! Maybe I'll run into you sometime! I hope you're doing well! :)