Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My last week

So this is my last week of being just a student on summer vacation. Starting next week I will be doing my student teaching and then I will graduate. I've been getting stir crazy lately as I try to figure out what to do with the last boxes of my junk and just sitting at home waiting for Brad to get home from work. One thing is for certain..... I would struggle as a stay at home wife. I have been searching for a hobby to keep myself busy. I'm hesitant to really start anything because I know once school starts I'm likely to abandon any project or hobby that I have started. I decided to buy a quart of paint and to paint a bookshelf that we inherited from my aunt and uncle. I'll probably post pictures of it when it's done if it turns out well. I made a bunch of designs out of painters tape and I'm hoping that everything will turn out alright when I am done painting. We've been waiting for our internet to officially be set up (it's not stealing if the neighbors don't secure their network...) So today I think I'm stuck at home waiting for the the Qwest guy to get here. He was supposed to come yesterday but apparently the guy who put in our order messed up a code or something and didn't actually put in our request, instead there was a note made in our file saying that our home alarm was messing up our internet........ huh? Because we have a home alarm..... Whatever. Hopefully it gets taken care of soon cause I'd really rather use a secure network, plus I have a feeling I"m getting charged for internet that doesn't work. So for the next few days I plan on getting up early and painting a few more coats on the bookshelf while the weather is still cool and then I'll watch the Olympics until Brad gets home. I know I'll miss this boredom someday, but for now I'm just ready for something to do.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Then I should have come over to look at pictures!!! My sister was here though and I felt bad abandoning her while at work so after work devoted time to her while she was here... I sure am going to miss you Amy, you really added something to our ward and helped those you met along the way! Good luck with student teaching and as soon as you post more stuff I will check it out! mind if I add you as a link on my blog?

Traci said...

lunch group dinner!?!! I'm SO IN!!