Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Declare.......

I declare that standing in line for 3.5 hours is an awful long time to stand in line. Especially when there is nothing to look at while you are in line. I mean sure I've stood in line for that long while wandering through a castle, or moving from painting to painting behind lines of Asian school-children at a museum. But all along those lines are new and beautiful things to look upon. Sure the Utah State Capitol is a beautiful building but standing in a line that just goes around the same room for over 3 hours is a long time. BUT at the end of that long line stood a copy of the Declaration of Independence. So I stood in that line today with Brad and his parents and at the end of the line we had our picture taken with a piece of paper that changed the way that we all live today.


So thanks Scott and Jackie for enduring that line with us so that I could say I have seen one of the 25 original copies of the Declaration.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Yes, the line was long but I enjoyed the company immensely!

Celeste Louise said...

AMY!! WHY HAVEN'T YOU BLOGGED ABOUT THOSE CRAZY ANONYMOUS PEOPLE WHO HELD YOUR HUSBAND FOR RANSOM?