Sunday, August 24, 2008

End of summer parties part 1

Since school is fast approaching Brad and I have been looking for things to do. We had seen a very large school bus in the parking lot of one of the stores at Jordan Landing for the past couple weeks so we were really excited to find out that our nephew J.R. would be in town on Thursday. Secretly I think Brad wanted to go but felt like he needed the 3 year old to justify riding on a monster school bus. So on Thursday right after work we took J.R. to ride the monster bus and then to play on the playground. I worried the whole time that J.R. wasn't having fun because he wasn't smiling but he kept saying he was having fun so I guess he just hasn't figured out how to show joy on his face. He also doesn't like pictures, I think it has something to do with how often his mom gets out her camera. Am I right Shauntel?
J.R. in the tire of the monster bus.

This is the face J.R. had the entire time, he just stared straight ahead. This was right before his seatbelt broke and right before I got flung into the wall of the bus. It was a wild ride on the monster bus.






























After the monster truck we went back to our apartment to play on the playground. J.R. had a blast playing with Brad on the shaky bridge.


While playing on the playground Brad told J.R. that he was a troll that ate kids that tried to go through the tunnel to the slide. J.R. laughed and giggled as he tried to get past the troll. Once he succeeded, he hurried down the slide and came running into my arms. Once he got there he cried, "Don't eat me Brad! You don't eat kids you eat food!" Oh man, it was so great. We had some great times on Saturday but I have to wait for pictures so part 2 will come as soon as they come.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

The monster truck looked like so much fun. Better than Michaels craft store for sure!

Janell R. Cropper said...

that looks like so much fun! How is your student teaching going?